When the incomparable Tami Clayton tagged me for the game that spawned These Questions Three, she also nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. As with the Liebster Blog Award, rules must be followed so that interdimensional beings do not awaken and devour our world:
- Thank the person who nominated me.
- Include a link to his/her blog.
The astute blog visitor will notice I already linked to her blog when I thanked her. I’m efficient like that. You should see my sock drawer–there are also pants in there. If I need socks, chances are I probably need pants, too.
- Nominate fifteen blogs I enjoy and follow.
This might be tough. Although I follow and enjoy more than fifteen blogs, many of them have probably received this award already…
- Sheila Pierson
- Laird Sapir
- Lara Schiffbauer
- Elaine Smothers
- Emmie Mears
- Sara Walpert Foster
- Ellen Gregory
- Sonia G Medeiros
- Catherine Johnson
- Linda Adams
- Jennifer L Oliver
- Kirsten @ A Scenic Route
- Gloria Richard
- Rabia Gale
- Nikki McCormack
I wish I could nominate more than fifteen, but like a virulent zombie virus, this list should be sufficient to spread the love 🙂
- Lastly, tell you seven things about myself.
This sort of thing probably isn’t what people come here for, but I’ll attempt to be both entertaining and fascinating 😉
1. I used to work in the video game industry. I’ve recently returned to my ancestral homeland so I can go back to school and start a new career. The reason I haven’t updated my blog in a few weeks is because I was preparing for the move.
2. Ozric Tentacles is responsible for my very favorite music.
3. I keep pants in my sock drawer because my efficient nature demands it. (Actually I’ve never done that, but now I suppose I have to, lest I become shamed before the entire Internet.)
4. I decided I wanted to be a novelist when I was nine years old. I wrote a lot until my early twenties, and I still have part of the last novel I attempted before giving up on writing. Many years later, I rediscovered writing and by finishing a first draft of a novel, I’ve already achieved more than I was able to before.
5. I had a turkey sandwich for lunch, with some TOSTITOS® ARTISAN RECIPES® Fire-Roasted Chipotle Flavored Tortilla Chips on the side. These chips are like titans striding victorious across a battlefield strewn with the weeping wreckage of lesser chips.
6. I have an irrational fear of bees, wasps, and other insectoid life-forms that fly and sting.
7. I do not much care for broccoli, for reasons encapsulated in this haiku: I hate broccoli • and think it totally sucks • Why is it not meat?
If broccoli could fly and sting, I would probably fear it more than bees.
* * *
Are you inclined to tell us something about yourself? Maybe you’d like to mention a blog you enjoy and follow? You might even wish to vilify a hated vegetable in a haiku. These possibilities, and many more, await below…