Writer-blogger friend Sheila Pierson has bestowed a Liebster Award upon me. Thanks for giving my blog its first award, Sheila!
According to legends that come to us from antiquity, the Liebster is meant for blogs that motivate, inspire, and have 200 followers or less. Its apparent purpose is to summon new followers like some sort of mystical talisman, increasing the power of those of us who are just beginning.
I see the suspicious eye you turn upon the gate to my domain. “But the inscription here claims you have well over a thousand followers,” I hear you protest.
“While that is true, most of them are Twitter followers,” I answer. “My blog followers are, shall we say, somewhat fewer in number?”
I have studied the Liebster, forcing it to divulge its secrets. It shares some of the zombie virus qualities of the Lucky 7 Meme, with which I was tagged last week.
I now share the power, though it is difficult to choose only five:
- Laird Sapir – She is entertaining and a cornerstone of our tribe.
- Lara Schiffbauer – An awesome person with a friendly blog.
- Tami Clayton – Her accounts of volunteering in Morocco are fascinating and inspiring.
- Karen McFarland – Always welcoming and supportive of other bloggers.
- Write a Book with Me – Kirsten is a fellow How to Revise Your Novel student, carrying on a tradition started by Holly Lisle.
They are excellent humans one and all.
To Accept the Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you on your blog and link back to them.
- Nominate up to 5 others for the award.
- Let them know by commenting on your blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
Thanks again, Sheila!